Scientific Activity of the Department of Civil, Labor and Environmental Law
The outcomes of the research work of the Department of Civil, Labor and Environmental Law are being introduced into the educational process through elective graduate and doctoral courses. The results of R&D are reported at round tables, conferences and scientific seminars, as well as published in the ENU Bulletin, in the near and far abroad (including in journals included in Thomson Reuters and Scopus).
The Department provides high-quality training of highly qualified specialists in the field of jurisprudence, as well as running research on current legal issues as part of the socio-economic modernization of Kazakhstan.
Scientific Schools, Fundamental and Applied Research.
The department of civil, labor and environmental law formed and operate leading scientific schools: in the field of labor law, Doctor of Law, Professor Nurmagambetov AM, Doctor of Law, Professor Mrs. Nurgaliyeva Ye.N. in the field of natural resource, agricultural and environmental law, Doctor of Law, Professor Mrs. A. A. Mukasheva. In 2015-2017, scientific schools in the field of land law and civil process of Professors, Candidate of Juridical Sciences Abdiraiym B.Zh., Mrs. Kossanova Zh.H., Mrs. Alenova M.A.
Scientists of the Department implemented a Project on a grant research for the years of 2015-2017, where the Project under the general superintendence of the Doctor of Law, Prof. Mr. Kosanov Zh.H. was financed by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan. “Problems of Legal Support of Small Hydropower Business in the Republic of Kazakhstan”. Project participants: Doctor of Law, Professor Mrs. Ye.N. Nurgaliyeva, Doctor of Law, Professor Mrs. A.A. Mukasheva, Doctor of Law, Professor Mrs. S.D. Bekisheva, PhD Doctor, Professor Mrs. G.G. Galiyakbarova.
During the period of work on the Project, were published: total number of publications - 12, where 8 of them are published in Kazakhstan, 4 were published in foreign editions, including 2 publications in the journal included in the Scopus database, and a draft law was developed “On Hydropower in the Republic of Kazakhstan”, the Concept and Program for the Development of Small Hydropower in the Republic of Kazakhstan”.
President of the “Eurasian Human Rights Center” Private Fund Doctor of Law, Professor of the Department of Civil, Labor and Environmental Law Mrs. Nurgaliyeva Ye.N. Starting from 2017 to 2019, implements grants of the NJSC “Center for Support of Civil Initiatives” of the Ministry of Information and Civil Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the subject of “Increasing the Cooperation Level between NGOs and Government Agencies on the Protection of Human Rights”.
The Project Coordinator is PhD in Law, Associate Professor Mrs. Omarova Ye.B. The Expert Group includes well-known eminent scholars and human rights defenders, such as like Doctor of Law, Professor Mr. Nurmagambetov A.M., Doctor of Law, Professor Mrs. Tlepina Sh.V., Doctor of Law, PhD in Law, Associate Professor Mrs. Saktaganova I.S., Associate Professor Mrs. Omarova Ye.B., PhD Doctor Mr. Khasenov M.Kh.
The main goal of this grant is to rise the legal awareness of socially vulnerable groups, to rise the awareness of the population on the protection of their rights through a series of training events. In 2019, it is planned to hold seminars in 9 regions of Kazakhstan, and publish a manual in Russian and Kazakh languages on the social rights of socially vulnerable groups.
In 2017, PhD Doctor, Full Professor Mr. Khasenov M.Kh. participated in the Project “The Role of Trade Unions in Industrial Relations, including the Settlement of Collective Labor Disputes” (Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of the Population).
In 2016-2019 PhD in Law, Professor of the Department Mrs. Svetlana Bakhytovna Zharkenova participates in the implementation of the project “International and National Mechanisms for the Protection of Human Rights”. The Project is managed and implemented by the Commission on Human Rights under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan with the participation of the OSCE Program Office in Nur-Sultan. As of April 09, 2019, the Project activities covered 15 regions of Kazakhstan. Work on the Project is under way.
Participation in the project is carried out with the permission of the University Management. A letter on participation of PhD in Law, Prof. Mrs. Zharkenova S.B. in the Project, which specifies the region, subject, terms and conditions of the event. Participation is accompanied by the design of the form on the responsibility of the Project participant, entering into the contract and the preparation of legal information in electronic and album formats. As part of the Project, based on the results of the work Mrs. S. Zharkenova carries out publishing activities (scientific articles, manuals, etc.).
Participation in Expert and Legislative Work.
Faculty Leading Scientists are invited to develop and review regulatory legal acts by various government agencies.
Doctor of Law, Professor Mrs. Nurgaliyeva Ye.N., as the President of the Public Fund “Eurasian Human Rights Center” (non-governmental organization). She successfully combines scientific and instruction work with public activities as a member of the Commission on Human Rights under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, a scientific adviser to the Supreme Court of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ombudsman of the Republic of Kazakhstan, a member of the working group on cooperation with the United States, as well as practical activities as an external legal expert of “Samruk-Kazyna” NWF JSC, RD Kazmunaygas JSC, Air Astana JSC, etc.
Mrs. Svetlana Bakhytovna Zharkenova is an expert of the Commission on Human Rights under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
PhD Doctor, Professor Mr. Khasenov M.Kh. is a leading researcher at the Institute of Law and Legal Information of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Director of the Research Institute of Labor and Corporate Law.
In January 2018 PhD in Law, Associate Professor Mrs. Saktaganova I.S. and PhD in Law, Associate Professor Mrs. Berdiyarova Z.S. participated in the Olympiad held at the Nazarbayev Intellectual School as experts.
During 2015 to 2018, Professors and Doctoral Students of the Department Mrs. Galiyakbarova G.G., Mr. Khasenov M.Kh., Mr. Akchabayev Sh., Mrs. Meirbekova M.M., and Mr. Smoilov S.Zh. defended doctoral dissertations for the Doctor PhD degree.
The Main Scientific Achievements of Academician Staff of the Department:
- 2018, the Doctor of Law, Professor Mrs. Nurgaliyeva Ye.N. was awarded the title of “Pride of Eurasia”.
- In 2017, PhD in Law, Associate Professor Mrs. Saktaganova I.S., the owner of the grant “The Best University Professor – 2017”.
- December 7, 2018 by the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan PhD Doctor, Acting Assistant Professor Mr. Khasenov M.Kh., the Winner of the competition “Daryn”.
- In 2018 PhD Doctor, Acting Assistant Professor Mr. Khasenov M.Kh. was recognized as the “Best Young Lawyer – 2018”.
- March 27, 2018 PhD in Law, Associate Professor of the Department Mrs. Saktaganova I.S. took part in the expert meeting of the M. Utemisov West Kazakhstan State University in the city of Uralsk as part of the international research and training conference “Eurasian Integration and Modernization of the Economy as a Basis for Increasing the Competitiveness of Countries – EAEU” (http://www.enu.kz/ru/info/novosti-enu/51845/).
- May 21, 2018 Doctor of Law, Professor Mrs. Nurgaliyeva Ye.N. participated in the round table meeting “Social and Labor Relations in Central Asian Countries: Analysis and Prospects” in the FI RK: on the subject “Legal Regulation of Labor Migration in the EAEU Countries”.
- From April 9 to April 22, 2018 PhD in Law, Associate Professor Mrs. Saktaganova I.S. attended a scientific internship at the University of Warsaw in Poland under the development of the Republican Grant “Best Professor 2017”. During the internship, she got acquainted with the activities of the state bodies of Poland, attended the lectures of leading lawyers of the University of Warsaw in English, got acquainted with the features of the educational process, etc.
- From June 26 to July 9, 2018 PhD in Law, Associate Professor Mrs. Saktaganova I.S. completed a scientific internship at the Ankara University in Turkey under the development of the Republican Grant “Best Professor 2017”. During the internship she got acquainted with the activities of the Turkish Government, attended lectures of leading scholars of the Ankara University in English and Turkish, familiarized with the peculiarities of the educational process of the Ankara University, visited research centers and studied the library of the University of Ankara;
- from April 22 to April 29, 2018, Senior Lecturer, Master of Law Mrs. Kozhahmetova S.G. as part of the program, Erasmus + attended a business trip (giving a lecture, participating in a scientific conference) to Latvia, Riga.
- May 30, 2018 PhD Doctor, Acting Assistant Professor Mr. Khasenov M.Kh. spoke at the Konrad Adenauer Foundation Basics of German and Kazakh History of Constitutionalism at the National Museum of the Republic of Kazakhstan with a presentation on the history of Kazakh constitutionalism.
- The image article was published at https://bilimdinews.kz/?p=20430 Mrs. Saktaganova I.S. L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University - Innovative University to Promote the Experimental Educational Program “Network Lawyer” in the Republican Educational Socio-Political Newspaper “Bіlimdi Yel”.
1. Mr. Abdiraiym B.Zh., Mrs. Golovina S.Yu., Mr. Davulis T., Mr. Dauletalin S.T., Mr. Yegemberdiyev Ye.O., Mrs. Nurasheva B.Sh., Mrs. Nurgaliyeva Ye.N., Mr. Nurymbetov B.N., Mr. Sairov Ye.B., Mr. Khasenov M.Kh. “Trade Unions: Theory and Practice Astana”: 2018. - 357 p.
2. Mrs. Saktaganova I.S. “Legal Basis of the Budget of Kazakhstan”. Monograph. Astana: “Roza” Publishing and Printing Service Center. 2018. –133 p
3. Mrs. Saktaganova I.S. Kazakhstan. Tutorial. - Astana: “Roza” Publishing and Printing Service Center. 2018. –128 p.
4. Mrs. Beksultanova R.T., Mrs. Saktaganova I.S., Mrs. Nurzhanova A.M. “Enforcement Proceedings of the Republic of Kazakhstan”. Tutorial. - Astana Publishing and Printing Center. 2018. – 466 p.
5. Mrs. Beksultanova R.T., Mrs. Saktaganova I.S., Mrs. Yessirkepova M.M. “Enforcement Proceeding in the Republic of Kazakhstan”. Casual Technology. Tutorial. - Astana: L.N. Gumilyov ENU Printing House. 2018. - 349 s.
6. Mrs. Beksultanova R.T., Mrs. Saktaganova I.S., Mrs. Abildinova R.A. “Matters of Practical Application of Civil Procedural Law”. Monograph. - Astana: “Roza” Publishing and Printing Service Center. 2018. –138 p.
7. Mrs. Beksultanova R.T., Mrs. Abildinova R.A. “Workshop on Civil Procedural Law”. Tutorial. Astana 2018.
8. Mrs. Beksultanova R.T., Mrs. Abildinova R.A. “Practice From Civil Procedural Law”. Tutorial. Astana 2018.
1. Mrs. Nurgaliyeva Ye.N. et. al. “Eurasian Labor Law: A Textbook”. Under the Edition of Mrs. Lushnikova, M.V., Mrs. Ramankulova, K.S., Mr. Tomashevsky, K.L. Moscow: “Prospect” Publishing House, 2017. - 496 p.
2. Mrs. Nurgaliyeva Ye.N., Mrs. Mukasheva A.A., Mrs. Bekisheva S.D., Mrs. Galiyakbarova G.G. “Problems of Legal Support of Small Hydropower Business in the Republic of Kazakhstan” Astana: Master PO LLP, 2017. - 71 p.
3. Mrs. Nurgaliyeva Ye.N., Mrs. Mukasheva A.A., Mrs. Bekisheva S.D., Mrs. Galiyakbarova G.G. “Problems of Legal Support of Small Hydropower Business in the Republic of Kazakhstan”. Astana: Master PO LLP, 2017. - 71 p.
4. Mr. Omarova, Ye.B., Mrs. Tlepina, Sh.V., Mrs. Galiyakbarova, G.G., Mr. Khasenov M.Kh. Mrs. Yenlik Nurgaliyeva “Labor Activity and Scientific School. Series “Library of Labor Law”. Volume 1. Astana: Master-Po LLP, 2017. - 368 p.
Scientific activity of students and undergraduates:
In the learning process, many students rush to research activities: they participate in conferences, write scientific papers, and participate in the activities of the Student Scientific Society (SSS) of the faculty.Our students invariably become winners and prize-winners of various departmental, intercollegiate, republican and international scientific student contests and competitions.Karaganda Economic University of Kazakhstan Union (Karaganda) Regional Subject Olympiad in Civil Law Command 2 place
1. Tuken Zhanel - team captain (Yur-22)
2. Yakubova Meruert (Yur -24)
3. Tolesbay Zansuygen (Yur -31).On March 27, 2018, a regional subject Olympiad in civil law was held at the Karaganda Economic University of the Kazakh Union of Consumer Goods (Karaganda).From ENU аfter .L.N.Gumiliev in the competition participated 6 teams of students of 2, 3, 4 courses of the Faculty of Law, Jurisprudence and International Law.Following the three rounds of the subject Olympiad, the teams took:2nd place: Team CIVILISTS composed:
1. Tuken Zhanel - team captain (gr. Yur-22)
2. Yakubova Meruert (Yur-24)
3. Tolesbay Zhansuygen ( Yur-31).Scientific leaders of the team: Associate Professor, Ph.D. Beksultanova R.T.,Professor, Ph.D. Zharkenova S.B.
2nd place:EQUALITY team consisting of:
1. Tokanov Ersin - team captain (2 course multilingual group)
2. Toregaliyev Bekbol (2nd year multilingual group)
3. Mukataeva Almira. (2 course multilingual group).
Team Leader: Associate Professor, Ph.D. Beksultanova R.T.
CONSTELLATION team consisting of:
1. Myrzabek Amina - team captain (MPr-22)
Zhumanova Nargiz (MPr-21)
Samat Saeed (MPr-21).
Scientific supervisor of the team of senior lecturer doctor PhD Bimbetov A.B.
3rd place:The CITIZENS team composed of:
1. Evgenia Filatov - Team Captain (MPr-22)
2. Baymoldinova Elnur (MPr-22)
3. Saukombekova Sayagul (MPr-22)Scientific supervisor of the team of senior lecturer doctor PhD Bimbetov A.B.