The Department of civil and environmental law operates on the basis of two joint departments: the Department of civil law and the Department of environmental and business law in accordance with the decision of the Academic Council of May 25, 2016 (Protocol № 11).
On February 25, 2019, by the decision of the Academic Council (Protocol No. 10), the Department of civil and environmental law was renamed to the Department of civil, labor and environmental law. From 2018 the Department of civil, labor and environmental law is headed by Ph.D. in Law, Professor Nurmagambetov A. M., holder of "Құрмет", the honorary title " Honored ambassador of Kazakhstan”, honored lawyer of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
For many years, Doctor of Legal Sciences, Professor Nurmagambetov A.M., Doctor of Legal Sciences, Professor Nurgalieva E.N., Doctor of Legal Sciences, Professor Mukasheva A.A., Candidate of Legal Sciences, Professor Zharkenova S.B., Candidate of Legal Sciences, Acting Professors Umirzakov P.K., Candidates of Legal Sciences, Associate Professors: Beksultanova R.T., Zhusipova B.A., Omarova E.B., Berdiyarova J.S., PhD Galiakbarova G.G., senior teachers Kaltaeva A.T., Bimbetova I.K., Marat N.M.
The degree of the Department today is 71 %.
Main (significant) scientific achievements of teaching stuffs of the Department:
In 2020, Doctor of Law, Professor A.A. Mukasheva became the owner of the title "The best teacher of the university - 2020";
- Since November 2020, within the framework of the implementation of scientific, scientific and technical projects on grant financing of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, a study has been conducted on the topic: "Development of a legal mechanism for regulating the work of medical and pharmaceutical workers," Doctor of Legal Sciences, Professor E.N. Nurgalieva, Associate Professors E.B. Omarova, G.G.
- In 2018, Doctor of Youth, Professor E.N. Nurgalieva was awarded the title "Eurasia maқtanyshy."
- Since 2018, Ph.D., Professor of the Zharkenov Department S.B. regularly participates in the OSCE program in a joint project of the Presidential Administration of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the OSCE with the participation of an expert of the Commission on Human Rights under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan "International and national mechanisms for the protection of human rights."
- On May 21, 2018, Y. N. Nurgalieva, Professor, took part in the round table "Social and labor relations in Central Asia: analysis and prospects" in the Federal Assembly of the Republic of Kazakhstan: on the topic "Legal regulation in labor migration in the EEA countries."
- In accordance with the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On the implementation of EOP on the basis of higher educational institutions" (No. 319 of July 5, 2018), the EOP "Network Lawyer" was approved.
- In the period from 2015 to 2017, the Department implemented a grant fundamental study of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan under the guidance of Doctor of Science, prof. Kosanova Zh.H. on the topic "Problems of legal support of small hydropower in the Republic of Kazakhstan," the working group included Doctor of Legal Sciences, Professor Nurgalieva E.N., Doctor of Legal Sciences, Professor Mukasheva A.A., PhD Galiakbarova G.G.
- From 2016 to 2019, under the leadership of Doctor of Law, Professor Nurgalieva E.N., grants were implemented under the project "Increasing the level of interaction between NGOs and state bodies on the protection of human rights" with the support of the NAO "Center for Supporting Civil Initiatives" and the Ministry of Information and Public Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The project was attended by such scientists as Doctor of Legal Sciences, Professors Amandykova S.K., Tlepina S.V., Mukasheva A.A., Ph.D., Associate Professors E.B. Omarov, I.S. Saktaganova, S.H. Ormanova, M.H. Khasenov. As part of the grant implementation, seminars were held practically
At the initiative of the department, events are held with the participation of foreign professors, such as a summer (spring) school, online conferences and webinars. With the participation of employers, representatives of state bodies and stakeholders, various meetings, round tables, etc. are held.
The department has a student scientific circle "Lawyer of the XXI Century," the head is Ph.D., associate professor of Beksultanov R.T.
The owners of the "Best Teacher" grant were A.A. Mukasheva (2009, 2020), E.N. Nurgalieva (2010).
PPS departments are actively engaged in research activities, publish monographs, teaching aids, and are published in special publications, including abroad (in journals with an impact factor). In 2020, the PPS of the department published scientific and educational and methodological aids: 2 teaching aids, 4 teaching and methodological aids, including 2 monographs.
Under the scientific guidance of the PPS department, students actively participate in various events both at the regional, republican and international levels.
Teachers of the department contribute in every possible way to the comprehensive development of students and contribute to their success and significant results.